WELCOME FELLOW BOLT CATCHERS!


An Imperial Guard Warhammer 40,000 Blog, with the occasional deviation.

Now with added NECRON!!
WARNING! Slight Warzone: Resurrection, after taste.

Sunday 19 October 2014

Bauhaus Vulkan Finished.



After painting 10 figures I wasn't in the mood for more rank and file.  Plus I figured I had improved on the painting plan built up from the tiny mistakes and inefficiences of the Hussars. 

Next up was the Vulkan.

Not waiting, I sprayed the figure GW Chaos Black.  Then, liberally painted it with P3 Gun Corps Brown.  The paint was slightly thinned, which accidentally let me stumble across a new camo possibility: Letting the paint under show through.  it's something I'm seriously considering to play with at somepoint, but having a strong colour covered in Gun Corps, water slightly, would create a fade through effect.  If done right, it would make a very weathered and unified camo pattern I could sleep well over.

But back to the Vulkan.




After applying the metal coat and washing it, I slammed on the camo paint using the ruined brush method. 


After this the washes were applied starting with a gentle wash (glaze?) that brought the tone down.  Next up was the stronger wash for the edges and creveces.


The window was (albeit very poorly) highlighted and glossed over.  The base was layered up and the front 180* painted red.


As an afterthought, I slopped on some Stirland Mud and painted it up as the rest of the base, only darker as churned mud.  The vents at the back was dirtied up for charcoaling.






Next up is the wall smashing Juggernoughts! 


As usual, thanks for reading.
R



No comments:

Post a Comment