WELCOME FELLOW BOLT CATCHERS!


An Imperial Guard Warhammer 40,000 Blog, with the occasional deviation.

Now with added NECRON!!
WARNING! Slight Warzone: Resurrection, after taste.

Monday 15 December 2014

Real life Ressurection Protocol. Oh and my home burnt down.


So!  Not dead.  See?  Typing and everything. (FYI Ghosts don't type.  I think...)

Over a month ago, my wife and I (Got married btw :D) suffered a nasty house fire.  Unfortunately this meant we lost our home and a lot of our belongings.


Now call is provedance, but the fire bypassed the majority of my figures, the Necrons being left virtually untouched (bar the feint smell of burning worlds).  Coining the idea that during the blaze which tore through my home, they collectively passed all the armour saves and ressurection tests they were called on to make.



I like that idea at least.

Really testing my religious side here...


Now obviously, this whole ordeal has slowed me down.  However, between the miracles of thermo dynamics, supporting family and amazing friends I've finally begun getting things back together.

January.

In January, my long term nemesis Rory (Of Black Scorpion fame) and I will be running a somewhat narrative campaign.

We're hoping to use standard games, attached a narrative and even going so far as to use the Mighty Empires tile set to make a basic world map to play with.

Something to work towards.

But what do I have to work on?

Well, appart from the rather above average size of the Trazian Dynasty (3500pts?), I had an unopened Battle Force which also survived.  Thats a Ghost Arc/Doomsday Ark, 20x Warriors, 5 Immortals and some Scarabs.



In addition, a very kind friend has recently cleared out his Necrons for an additional:
31 Warriors, 15 Immortals, 10 Flayed Ones (hopefully the old ones), Orikan, 3 Wraiths, Another Command Barge/Annihilation Barge, Another Doom Scythe/Night Scythe, the Deciever, another cryptek, 2 Overlords and 4 Destroyers.

Oh and I also got one of these things for my centre piece thanks to a group of amazing gaming buddies who sorted me out. Ever received gift vouchers with a dataslate commision from the High Lords of Terra?  I did.  That thing is going on my wall.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhdcTQxJCFDNytDNyJ7aM-PeJrR1n57dRI2x87OHiC2g08XgYbt-6f5QU3JnpX594CbYy-QCCWFBI1CLYd5g2h4GmNeMCfmnC5X897v_PW8vuBr0x4DXvzRRSHx4eOUIvoYSBIJkp7a7CY/s1600/m1740211a_99120217007_Necrosphynx01_873x627.jpg
"Thus clad, the C'tan took the shapes of the Necrontyr's half-forgotten gods, hiding their own desires beneath cloaks of obsequious subservience."
Haven't decided exactly how I'm gonna make this thing into a Transcendant Ctan... but I'm going to make it intimidating and visually as powerful as the broken thing is in game.  Not one of those Doc Manhatten meets Hannibal Lector rejects.  Plus it sticks with the theme of the army.

So... enough to do?  And a cause to work on it. 

Rory?  RORY!

Shhhh.
They are coming!


Thanks for reading,
R.

No comments:

Post a Comment