WELCOME FELLOW BOLT CATCHERS!


An Imperial Guard Warhammer 40,000 Blog, with the occasional deviation.

Now with added NECRON!!
WARNING! Slight Warzone: Resurrection, after taste.

Friday 12 July 2013

PAINT ALL THE THINGS! (And apparently my table is wooden...)

Following on from the recent dedicated "Necron Week" I've found myself clearing the desk. Real life is calling! However I still have a whole weekend yet, and with Apocalypse Weekend starting tomorrow, I'll be off trying my guys out.  I'll let you know how it goes....

In the mean time, what have I been doing?

remember those Cyborg Tokens I got from Lasercutcard.co.nz?  I finally finished them in good time for use in those pesky multiple objective scenarios that crop up from time to time.




 Also, lingering on the paint table have been these two chaps.  They've been on my painting list for quite some time and its only been the new plans of getting married next year that's gotten them done.  That's right!  When you have no money but time, you paint everything you have.  So, if you find yourself with too many figures, throw away all your money!


The Ordenance dude I did not waste time on.  Simple camo and armour palette I used on my recent British inspired Imperial Guard (borrowed scheme from the late war pallet, and paints from Flames of War Ahem).  Keep it simple!  Remember, metal rusts, everything usually finds itself painted in real life.  



 The Primaris Psyker meanwhile demanded more attention.  So much so that I pulled out the purple (I started in 3rd edition 40k, purple means psykers!) and broke away from my usual rules of fixed palette painting.  Loved this guys eyebrows.  Thanks to my remaining mix of washes I managed to get this guy done quick to.  Damn its nice to have simple three layer techniques to work with.




Lastly came the long awaiting arrival of the Doom Scythe bits.  Thanks to the way the Night Scythe/Doom Scythe/Bagal of doomyness is constructed, you can assemble but not glue the under armament.  This makes it easy to swap around the bits and choose what you want to use it as today!  I haven't tried the Doom Scythe yet, though I aim to.   Any advice?

Next up on my table, after clearing away the paints (Apparently the painting table is wood... who knew??!), is going to be the next bit of scenery.  More from Lazercutcard.co.nz, their Cyborg Barricades makes a fantastic alternative Aegis Line for the Necrons.  I'm a bit more familiar with the necessary techniques of working with card now and I have my scalpel.  So....

Ow.  Hmm.  Tea first.  Then cutty cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment