WELCOME FELLOW BOLT CATCHERS!


An Imperial Guard Warhammer 40,000 Blog, with the occasional deviation.

Now with added NECRON!!
WARNING! Slight Warzone: Resurrection, after taste.

Friday 5 July 2013

Declaration of Necronness...

So the worst thing has happened.  I once swore against ever entertaining Xenos as an army in Warhammer 40k, let alone the idea of playing the Arch Enemy.  Then sometime last year I was gifted some Necrons and decided to play it as a side project to break up the grunts in my Imperial Guard army.
Recently I finished my Monolith Conversion and was left with but a couple of hero characters to finish, rounding the army off at a healthy 2000pts.

Then it happened.  I just came back off a holiday to Ireland, where my long suffering partner and I got engaged (to each other, would be weird otherwise..).  Returning refreshed and geared to get stuff done, I began wrapping up the final three characters. 

One thing lead to another and well... this happened.
Necron Destroyer Lord: Sticky outy Necron bits to explain his "jump" capabilities.

Necron overlord Twiglet Breaker!  Annoying Warscythe forced the overall figure to undergo a massive transformation.  See under.

Based loosely off Oberon, I added the Snake helmet for some serious "I WILL END YOU" feels.

I WILL END YOU

AND I WILL BRING YOU BACK FOR ANOTHER ROUND.

Based off the Traveler himself, I swapped the head with more Puppet War goodness and added cable and an alternative arm.

Mission accomplished.. Right??

Unfortunately as I began basing them for priming, I snapped the Necron Overlord Twiglet Breakers Warscythe, AGAIN!!!  Raging into action, I quickly remodeled the read of the scythe.  Then I had a bright Idea to give him a shield to resemble the oft-used Phasing 3+ save.  It didn't fit.  Sadly the arm was too low.  What did I do?  Made the base bigger...


Determination rides on a 50mm base.
 It didnt stop there.  I took a break only to realise that my partner now fiance was keenly arranging our wedding for next year.  Taking a deep breath I returned to the table to see some bits staring up at me.  Without thinking, I began gluing...

Caption Competition!

Objective 2:  The damaged Cryptek (HATE THIS FIGURE!!!)

But then while putting the Polyfiller (Sparkle på norsk), I noticed I hadn't started on those cardboard gribblies I got from Russia a while ago.  Taking a second to listen in, I quickly realised that my partner was giggling insanely about something wedding related and I shrugged.  What the hell, I'm on a role.


The laser cut cardboard seems flimsy at first but at the price it came in and with such awesome service (Hand written thank you anyone?) I was more than willing to give it a try.  (lasercutcard.co.za)
Careful use of superglue and scalpal made firstly some awesome objective markers and then...

Possible a 3rd objective?  The lid was left unglued as suggested, making a neat dice box or a place for those pesky I'll be back tokens.  A bit more poly filler and superglue on the edges hardened the base making it more durable. 

So this brings me to my confession.  I think... with the advent of Apocalypse... i don't know how to say this... I think Necrons are my new go to army.  I love the IG.  I do.  But right now, I want to reconquer the galaxy as soulless and insane androids from hell.
My name is Richard and I am a Necron Player. 

So future intentions?
Well news about the Necron Transcendent C'tan has me very interested.  I've long been eager to throw some of those on an Apoc board.  Quite frankly the new Tesserract Vault looks comical.  I don't like it.  But a superior C'tan?  Well that fits nicely into my armies supposed background...  More on that soon.  But this is what I had in mind:Super Saien C'tan? 
 
In the mean time I will be finishing these characters and objectives.  Really looking forward to starting on the cardboard barricades as my alternative Aegis line.  Possibly building an alternative Quad Cannon too.  I've also a friend who is selling me loads of his unused Necrons.
The Apocalypse Book is out next week, and while the lure of the high priced collectors guff is tempting, just the book thanks.  Though for the record, that Undying Legion looks interesting :D

Thanks for reading.
R






No comments:

Post a Comment