WELCOME FELLOW BOLT CATCHERS!


An Imperial Guard Warhammer 40,000 Blog, with the occasional deviation.

Now with added NECRON!!
WARNING! Slight Warzone: Resurrection, after taste.

Friday 7 June 2013

Not dead! Oh and MONOLITH!!!

Well of late my hobby progression has gone largely unnoticed due to two main factors: A/There hasn't been any.  B/I didn't Blog about it.  Infact I was suprised when someone asked me to Blog about something.  Why hadn't I already done it?

Anyway, enough about why I am a crap Blogger and more Pics!


 The Monolith has long been a challenge for me as the kit when released was seen as a marvel of modelling standards.  It was also seen as a bloody horrible thing to put together.  However I believe I was lucky in getting a kit with minimul warping on all those long flat pieces.  Elastic bands helped too. 

However I wanted to do something different. I always do :(.  In this case, wanting to keep with the theme of the Egyption Stargate Necrons, I went out and bought a Tomb Kings Casket of Souls.  Basically I am going to replace that god aweful crystal affair with something more like dark techno sorcery.  The casket will be sitting on the top there with a Cryptek behind it. Its a project alright, but simple enough.
 Why Tomb Kings in spaaace?  Why the hell not?  Its an awesome idea, and to be frank I have no idea why people havn't just gone with this.  Though I do prefer the idea that the Necrons were some mysterious slave race to Dark and Old Cthulu like gods (Thanks Matt), my little deviation gave me a little idea on the armies background.  More on that later.


Zoom ZOOM!
This is finished pick of the death glider like Doom Scythe/Night Scythe.  The hard work paid off I feel, though as Rory likes to point out, the grey is a bit dull... He may be right.  Still the bone/red pattern works.  Still... I'm dreading having to do this on all those flat bits on the Monolith...

More on the Necrons as it comes.  Basically I've got the Monolith to a point now where its been primed, inked to DEATH!  S'cuse the pun, and next up is the layering.  Yawn.  I've still got 8th Army Desert Rats looking up at me longingly... Soon my pretties, Daddys got to finish stuff first.

Oh crap, I've still got those Necron Heroes to do too...  Necrons truly are Eternal...

R

No comments:

Post a Comment