WELCOME FELLOW BOLT CATCHERS!


An Imperial Guard Warhammer 40,000 Blog, with the occasional deviation.

Now with added NECRON!!
WARNING! Slight Warzone: Resurrection, after taste.

Friday 7 June 2013

Imperial Guard Update 2013.

I've always been surprised at how I have these pics but never think to put them up.  It's like that part in the process is missing.

1.  Steal underpants.
2.  SEALED BY ORDER OF THE INQUISITION
3. Profit.

Seriously though, I'm gonna plonk some old and new stuff here from my Imperial Guard to update those who are actually bored enough to card.

Hang on to your hats, wigs and other hangables.

Inspired by the Mk 4 Churchill, using Old Crow figures I made this custom Macharius with Vulcan.



In a recent Apocolypse game, which while fun in its Epicness revealed some flaws of the new edition in Apoc games, vitually the entirety of the Azin 3rd was used.  It was really nice to get a feel of a grander army at play.  All small games in 40k do pretend after all to either be a special forces mission or something smaller in a greater battle.  Everytime I look at this pic I get reminded of my aim to have a whole company of Imperial Guard.  And why the hell not?



 I've been asked about these puppies many times.  Initially conceived several years ago, the walking basalisks were inspired by Metal Gear Rex and talks with an engineering buddy of mine back in England.  After moving to Norway I eventually made the third to complete the battery.  Sadly 6th Edition true sight rules may well be the death of them, but damn they look good on the battlefield. 




The third gun, made several years after the first two using second hand parts.


The Crew of these ancient machines are incidentally Adeptus Mechanicus.  Anyone else could get it wrong....
One of the four Commisars in B Company







A recent battle displayed the promising new strengths in a Chimera strong army.

No comments:

Post a Comment