WELCOME FELLOW BOLT CATCHERS!


An Imperial Guard Warhammer 40,000 Blog, with the occasional deviation.

Now with added NECRON!!
WARNING! Slight Warzone: Resurrection, after taste.

Tuesday 26 October 2010

A plan!! Never give up! Never surrender!!

Any of you who read my last post may or may not have seen a somewhat sobre and bitter tone. If you did, good, there was one it seems. Like many a sore loser I felt somewhat obliterated. For the record, as usual, I blame Rory. Though I blame him for everything that goes wrong in my life.

Still! The point here is that eventually I got over it and began pouring through the codex with a mathmathical mind. Two key changes I decided to try.

  1. Swapping Infantry Platoons for Veterens in Carapace armour mounted in Chimeras.
  2. Take more Leman Russessess!!!!
Why? because these bad boys can hide behind Armour 12, have a 4+ armour save (which is better than nothing which is what 5+ will get you against bolt guns), and can pack a Lascannon and 3 Plasma guns, not including a potential plasma pistol. All at Ballistic Skill 4. Admittidly their few in number and just as squishy. Plus their hideously expensive. However, with Rorys kill count in the last game, numbers just isnt cutting it. Also, the maths in surviving a Bolt gun volley is much better.
Meh, I never used orders much anyway.
More tanks! One can never have enough boom! Especially with the new potential for 9 Russes in an army. What was I thinking!!?! Now I already have a Demolisher, so I'll try 2 more normal Russes. Im thinking of converting those excess Chimeras in to Russes much in the same way those pesky marines turn Rhinos into Predators. Anything you can do....



Finally found a fantastic turret replacement from Old Crow miniatures. The Crossfire Turret is amazing value for 4 English pounds, and Jez, the store owner I believe is very helpful.



I was intending to negotiate a Sabre Turret, but they are well too big, if no realistic. Think Abrams Battle Tank and you'd be very close. One to conisder later I believe.

For the extra armour, thinking side skirts made of plasticard I have, sandbags and zimmerit on the front and something fancy for the back replacement. Unfortunally these Chimeras have already been built and painted so my options are slim. Still, cheaper than picking up two Leman Russes. 380 Krones each!? Thats around 40 pounds to those back in the home country.


So the test army is looking like this.

  • Lord Commisar with Plasma pistol.
  • Veteren Squad with 3 Plasma Guns, Lascannon.
  • Chimera. X3
  • Leman Russ with Lascannon on the hull. X2
  • Leman Russ Demolisher X1
  • Valkyrie X1
  • Rough Riders X8
=1510pts

Ill sort out a count as game and see how effective it is. I do want to find out before I buy it all!
Need more plasma!!

No comments:

Post a Comment