WELCOME FELLOW BOLT CATCHERS!


An Imperial Guard Warhammer 40,000 Blog, with the occasional deviation.

Now with added NECRON!!
WARNING! Slight Warzone: Resurrection, after taste.

Tuesday 11 August 2015

Build all the things!! - Hobby Progression



Greetings fellow 'Cronians!

Its been a while since the last post and with good reasons!
WHICH SHALL REMAIN SECRET

I've been rather busy trying to finish every remaining Necron kit awaiting construction and take it to a level of primed.  The reason?  I want to play with it.  And I have not the time to wait for some of it to be finished and painted.

So firstly, the following are what I managed to nail together sharpish over the last couple of weeks.  I have still some Imperial Guard to finish as well as a hundred other projects that aren't quite so blinding as all this BONE.

Ghost arks.

Actually finished pieces bar the inner Necrons requiring repair.  Again, the aim was to finish them to a usable point, so I didn't hang around.  They sit in a bits bag, complete and primed.



3rd Night Scythe/Doom Scythe.  

Given to me by a very generous friend, all it needed was some final assembly and painting.  The base, which I had acquired an age ago was textured and primed too.  Thats 3 death pastries!  Though now I cannot find the extra bloody weapons underneath!!



Necron Immortals.  

Half built already and mostly second hand purchases, these came as 15 more Immortals with Tesla and the last ten were built as the more 7th Ed. friendly Gauss Blasters.  Damn they look nice.  Wish I'd made more.  That takes the elite Immortals to a total of 35.  Ish.  Looking at my bits box, I suspect I can make the missing 5.  When I can be bothered.




Orikan!  My first true resin cannon Special Character.  Heard and read lots of good things about this chap.  And unlike the other resin Specials I've had in the past, I decided that I would make this one properly.  I even decided to spray it black and not bone.  The characters background as a sort of prophet of the future played into the Dynasty's background.  Though I wanted him as an emissary of the Sautehk Dynasty.  Though I do wonder if the Stormlord knows his favourite Cryptek is away...



Flayed Ones! 'Undreds of them!  

Having acquired second hand 10 of those god awful new resin Necrons, I also had some warriors who had been sprayed after the green rod had been added.  Feeling creative, I asked around on the Facebook group for advice in making Flayed Ones from scratch.

3 hours later, having dissected arms and added plasticard clippers I was on my way.  Adding Stirland Mud (GW) to the bad joins to mask them and wrapping PVA saturated tissue paper for skin, I had the makings of a pretty nasty looking Flayed troop 20 strong.  Looking forward to using these guys in a decent battle!















So whats left?

Well, really all that remains is the Destroyer conversions which you may remember from a recent post.


There are enough parts for 4 of these in normal Destroyer form, and enough for 1 more as a Heavy Destroyer.  I'm still trying to source the bases so they have a like silhouette as a GW sold Destroyer.  But also, I've recently begun planning something awesome.  A campaign called A Prison for Gods.

Here's a teaser.




More soon on that front.  As its largely taken from the underrated Crusade of Fire, I'll be publishing the rules and antics here on this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment