WELCOME FELLOW BOLT CATCHERS!


An Imperial Guard Warhammer 40,000 Blog, with the occasional deviation.

Now with added NECRON!!
WARNING! Slight Warzone: Resurrection, after taste.

Monday 23 February 2015

Back in the field - Against the Brothers Eldritch. (Aka - IHATEDARKLANCES!!!)


Okay, next up.  (You may notice I'm writing up 2 blog posts tonight, well I've got some catching up to do with everything that's been happening, so bare with me).

I've been recently toying with the new Codex, in a 2000pts game against Battle Brothers Eldar and Dark Eldar.  Nasty combo this.

Did I mention this included Iyanden Wraith spam and Dark Eldar Dark Lance/Splinter Cannon Spam?

I fielded a typical spread.  40 Warriors in two squads, 10 Immortals with Tesla, Doom Scythe, 10 Triarchs, Monolith, Deceiver, the Command Barge, Stalker and because I had the points, a Spyder.

I lost somewhere in the region of 9 to 7.  So what went wrong?

Honestly? I have no idea.

But I got a feeling I know where it went from Necron Inexorable death to ow, not the face, please not the face!!


I'm sorely lacking in mobility, and as we were playing Maelstrom, reacting to the cards was difficult.  I have a Veil of Darkness, on a Cryptek, who got picked out in a torrent of fire on 20 warriors, failed his look out, armour save and then the RP save!  1st turn regrets.


Reinforcements came in despite the trickery of the Dark Eldar Lord (Later ganked after web way portaling in behind me to claim an objective. Got the Slay the Warlord, so that was something.

The Monolith deployed perfectly, becoming a linchpin on my line, threatening to divide their forces.

But then, they got to fire.  Everything seemed great!  The Crafty Eldar had little that could hurt armour 14, the D guns were too far away.  But then the Dark Eldar scourges, 2 units, all packing Dark Lances opened up...

It was all going so well!
 Can't....  No.... Don't wanna...
The real Micro Trauma. 28mm micro.
Yeah.  Still hurts that.  2 glances, one shot in particular rolled 6 to hit, 6 to penetrate and of course, 6 to damage.  BOOM...  Reserves would be walking on.  Poison Splinter Fire slew my C'tan with max explosive death. My return exploded Venoms here and there, a raider there.  Nothing gaining me points.

Seriously, Dark Eldar True Born squads are snippy bastards.  Need to adapt.
Still, was an amazing game, and thankfully not a nasty start for the Craftworld player, who had his first true experience with this game.  You are very welcome William.  Enjoy this victory. *Shakes fist.

Now as I still have a lot of Necrons left to paint up, I've been plugging a new initiative called #Justsoddingpaintit.  Basically, inspired by Independent Characters own pledge system, you say what you will have painted to gaming standard by the end of March, and you damn well make sure its done.  No indecision, no stalling, come back on it if you ain't happy, but damn well get it done.

Earn that next purchase!

Lucky for me I've got some games coming later in March to motivate me to Bone everything up.

NEXT UP!

So what are you going to do?

Thanks for reading.
And not making fun about my poor Monolith.

No seriously, its a touchy subject. >_<

R

No comments:

Post a Comment