WELCOME FELLOW BOLT CATCHERS!


An Imperial Guard Warhammer 40,000 Blog, with the occasional deviation.

Now with added NECRON!!
WARNING! Slight Warzone: Resurrection, after taste.

Sunday 14 September 2014

Red Chapel Murders - Malifaux



Something different is always good.  Especially when it comes to painting.  After a chat with a friend at the local gaming store, I managed to work myself into a free commission, to help paint some stuff up for the store cabinet.

I got to choose a starter box from Malifaux, a character driven skirmish game set in a steampunk lovercraftian world, and I chose the Red Chapel Murders.  Think Jack the Riper, dead prostitutes and a leprechaun.  Welcome to Malifaux

Admittedly, I was overwhelmed at the detail.  These figures are amazing. Infinity has the gold on loads of detail, but the attitude in these figs was undoubtedly phenomenal.

But like I was saying, painting something out of ones comfort zone is always recommended.  I also got to play with making a faux slate base with bits of cut up card board. 

The tones and palette was very unusual for me, a lot of the colours I had to mix myself. 






Just a small post.  These were a commision, but damn they were hard to let go of.  Malifaux isn't a game which takes long to play, its not too expensive, but demands a lot of scenery.  Getting a board solution at home is the plan over Christmas, if the scenery looks good I may return!

R

No comments:

Post a Comment