WELCOME FELLOW BOLT CATCHERS!


An Imperial Guard Warhammer 40,000 Blog, with the occasional deviation.

Now with added NECRON!!
WARNING! Slight Warzone: Resurrection, after taste.

Tuesday 14 December 2010

Onwards!!

I might have mentioned lately that I found myself with too many Chimeras. Well, I made a promise, and here they are.



So far, i've just mofied the turret ring and done up some Old Crow Crossfire turrets that I ordered with bits from my box. The turrets resin quality is amazing, with a realistic shape that I really wanted. I was even tempted to replace the Leman Russ turret, but maybe another time.
Shifting the justification of the turret was a little difficult, but mainly because the necessery pin vice was broken, so a bit of manual drilling was required, with a blunt bit. Could only do enough for one before my fingers gave way. Oh well. I need a hobby drill it seems.

The plan now is to finish the turrets, fixing some antenna, cutting out a scratch built gun shield for the 2nd one. Then Im on to modifying the top back and sides so it looks a little more armoured then AV10. Thinking plasticard spaced armour, Zimmerit, more plates, ablative. We shall see. In the meanwhile, I got myself another battle force. I still dont like the Cadien or the Catachan heads, but I may of got an idea...

:D:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment