WELCOME FELLOW BOLT CATCHERS!


An Imperial Guard Warhammer 40,000 Blog, with the occasional deviation.

Now with added NECRON!!
WARNING! Slight Warzone: Resurrection, after taste.

Monday 23 August 2010

In search of a good game. (As repeated from Facebook.)

Thanks to Facebook for lacking the facilities to keep me happy when trying to show off what fun I have losing against more bloody spacemarins (breath), I have decided to make this, a blog, to show everyone just how mad I must be for continuing to try and score a win.

Sore loser? Only when I get home. (Oh if they only knew what I said about them to my mum :S)

The good game! What is it? Read on punters. Pics to follow.

One of the big things that was lost to me during my move to Norway wasnt just the time lost painting, the new rules that I didnt get chance to get used to nor infact the many friends and indeed fiends I often played against. Nono, it was that I hadnt actually had a "good" game in quite a while longer.

A "good" game has no bearings on quality of opponent or infact the armies. It occured to me that I handt played a game to a set number of points, with a formal army list, fully painted and scenery, all arranged with a nice narrative, in some time.

Crapple.

So, after a few Apocolypse fun games I and my new opponent, whose own Space Marine chapter you will be seeing more of, decided to try and return to the days of "good" gaming. What did we do?

  • Arranged a preset date (as in time, nothing romantic XD) and time for the next 1500pt game.
  • Agree that all figures MUST be painted or you cannot use them.
  • Each time we play one new unit (characters dont count) must be changed, preferably with a freshly painted one.
  • Play with full rules, agreeing on every dispute with fairness and funness.
  • Add a little narrative to each game.
  • Take photoes and show you guys!

One of my favorite parts of say White Dwarf, was seeing not just Battle reports but Other peoples armies. So, in an effort to encourage more of you to do the same. Here we go!

Next Sunday.

1600pts (Yeah I know, last minute change.).

Imperial Guard of the 213th Binary and the Azin 2nd Vs Space Marines (details coming soon).

Although there is a mock secrecy in what will be included in the armies, intellegence suggests Terminators are getting a lick of paint, while on my end, a new unit of Storm Troopers is recieving their new Winter Forest Camoes.

Oh, and on a final note before the storm, this is all delightfully amaturish.

Enjoy.

Acting Colonel Rik,

Binary- Azin Vexillation.

No comments:

Post a Comment