WELCOME FELLOW BOLT CATCHERS!


An Imperial Guard Warhammer 40,000 Blog, with the occasional deviation.

Now with added NECRON!!
WARNING! Slight Warzone: Resurrection, after taste.

Monday 25 April 2016

Battlefleet Gothic Necron Kit Bash.


Just a quick blog post to show of my forray into making a super cheap Necron fleet for BFG (Battlefleet Gothic).  As many know, this great game was sadly discontinued by a suffering Games Workshop leaving its rules online and its figures ebay hotspots.

Having seen some excellent kit bashing and proxies appearing online, though mainly Dark Eldar for some reason, I decided to take a shot at seeing if I could do something.  The rule?  It could only be made from bits in my bits box.




Basically, this was made from a Necron energy shield (from that double set including Triarch Praetorians), with the energy bands cut out from the centre.  I was inspired by the Narn battle ships from Babylon 5!

I then cut to fit the barrel from a Gauss Blaster to fit down that front bit, and added a Triarch Praetorian's Rod of Covenant pommel to the back to act as a fin.

A simple conversion, counting as a Jackal Class I'd wager.  And the best bit?  Its all bits I have a few of.  Expect at least 4 of these guys soon!

Now, what about that Cairn Class...

R




No comments:

Post a Comment