WELCOME FELLOW BOLT CATCHERS!


An Imperial Guard Warhammer 40,000 Blog, with the occasional deviation.

Now with added NECRON!!
WARNING! Slight Warzone: Resurrection, after taste.

Tuesday 31 March 2015

The new battlefield. Part 2.

Just a quick image dump for those interested in how my board turned out.
Pretty darn good for the effort and price ratio.

I've recently acquired some second hand scenery on the cheap from Rottimus (He had more than he needed it seems :) ) and thrown them on the board at its largest setting: 8 by 4 feet. With a big game this weekend, a 3 Vs 3, I wanted to do a dry run to see how it looked.







A little bowing thanks to the paint, though I did note the table extensions were off too...


Overlord Hautsi for scale only.



As a side note, a bit of quick thinking on behalf of my wife drew me to the idea of getting these non slip mats.  Cheap and simple, it would ensure that the plates wouldnt slip so easy off the table if nudged by inelegant hips and arses as people went around it.

As I might have pointed out before, there is some significant bowing on some of the plates, probably due to a combination of the paint, humidity and the table itself.  Currently looking into postential solutions for that, that will involve drilling holes.  But this can wait.

Right now, its terrain time!  This Wednesday I'll be sitting down with William of "Space Elves" fame, and making some cheap and sturdy scenery to bulk this out.  More on that soon.

Then there is the game this Friday and Sat while my wife is away at Hobbit Con, leaving the boys (and girl) to transform this unsuspecting flat into a gaming bunker of doom!!

Any scenery ideas btw, please drop a comment below!

Thanks for reading!
R

No comments:

Post a Comment